As the winter season is upon us, many illnesses associated with the season begin to affect us. Contrary to popular belief, nose bleeding affects most people in the winter season as compared to the summer season, the reason simply being drying of the nasal membranes and nose picking, which can be prevented with proper lubrication of the nasal passages.
Nosebleeds can be stopped at home; the following methods have been proven to be fast remedies that you can use to deal with this problem.
Onion is a good clotting agent; hence it is highly effective in stopping nose bleeding. The natural fumes of the onion help clot the blood.
- Cut 1 onion into thick slices
- Press 1 slice under your nose and inhale the fumes, the bleeding will stop within minutes.
- Extract fresh onion juice and apply 2 or 3 drops in each nostril. Repeat as needed till the bleeding stops.
- Soothe and moisturize irritated nasal membranes with saline water.
- Add a pinch of salt to a ½ cup of water and stir it well.
- Put a few drops of this solution into your nose to moisten the inner lining of the nasal passages.
- During a nosebleed, tilt your head back applying firm pressure to the nostrils for about five minutes.
- Put petroleum jelly on cotton pads and insert them into your nostrils.
More information on nosebleeds